Acacia confusa Root Bark | ACRB | Rainbow Root Bark | Wild from Taiwan
- Wild collected after rainy season
- Origin: Taiwan
Common names: Hsiang-si-siū or ‘the-thinking-of-each-other tree’, Sióng sí su, Siòng s’ shu2 (Hakkanese), Formosa acacia, Formosan koa, Acacia petit feuille, Taiwan Acacia, Kainauna (Bunun), Tyokoru, Tyokozi (Paiwan), and small Philippine Acacia, Rainbow Tree etc.
€13.58 – €737.58
- Shipping Restrictions
- Shipping information
Acacia confusa | ACRB
Our Acacia confusa root bark comes from Taiwan where it is collected from fallen trees only after the rainy season.
Acacia confusa belongs to the Leguminosae (Pea family). Acacia confusa is a perennial tree native to South-East Asia. Some common names for it are Acacia Petit Feuille, Small Philippine Acacia, Formosa Acacia (Taiwan Acacia) and Formosan Koa. Acacia confusa grows to a height of 15 meters. The tree has become very common in many tropical Pacific areas, including Hawaii, where the species is considered invasive. Acacia confusa wood has a density of about 0.75 g/cm³. In Taiwan, its wood is used to make support beams for underground mines. The wood is also converted to charcoal for family use. Acacia confusa is used in traditional medicine and is available from herbal medicine shops (草藥店) in Taiwan.
ACRB contains high concentrations of interesting alkaloids in its root and trunk bark. It appears attractive for use in ayahuasca analogs, though at this point, experience with such preparations remains limited. Little research has been done, successful ayahuasca preparations and direct oral activity using the root bark and trunk bark have been reported.
Ayahuasca analogs prepared with Acacia confusa bark are known as Formosahuasca (after Formosa acacia, i.e., the beautiful acacia, presumably after Ilha Formosa, i.e., the beautiful island, the original Portuguese name for Taiwan), or alternatively as Chinahuasca or Asian Ayahuasca.
The wood and bark are very rich in tannins. Tannins, obtained from many species including Acacia, are used to dye and stain things. Animal hides (leather) are tanned with tannins. The stem bark of Acacia confusa contains roughly 23-35% tannins. A rough estimate for an average sized tree of about 30cm diameter at chest height may bring in about 10-20kg of raw dried bark suitable for tannin extraction.
ACRB can not only be worked with in conjunction with Syrian rue, B. caapi or B. muricata, but it can be used alone as has been discovered recently. There are also reports that ACRB may have a traditional history of use as an entheogen by the original peoples of Taiwan. Today it is currently used in Chinese medicine with whispers that the old herbalists know that it can take one to another world.
Most people prefer to work with MHRB Mimosa hostilis root bark.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. New Herbals, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
Unfortunately we cannot ship this item to the following countries currently: Switzerland, Canada, Russia and Poland.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.