Anadenanthera colubrina Seeds | Viable Cebil | Vilca | Huilca | Huilco and Cohona
- 100% Cebil, harvested by a botanist
- From Bolivia to support the local people of one of the poorest countries in South America
Species: Anadenanthera colubrina
Common names: Cebil, Yopo, Cohona, Vilca, Huilca, Huilco, Hakudufha, Kahhobba, Kahobba, Niopo, Parica, Yopa, Yopo, Yupa, Angico.
$9.00 – $312.00
- Shipping Restrictions
- Shipping information
Our Anadenanthera colubrina seeds are wildcrafted by ourselves in Bolivia and 100% organic. The seeds are highly viable, several people reported germination within 24 hours after planting.
Anadenanthera colubrina is a tree originating or native to South America that grows from five meters to twenty meters tall. The tree develops to have a very thorny trunk and leaves that look like mimosa which become thirty centimeters in length. The leaves have a very peculiar behavior uncommon to other plants because they fold up when the night falls. Anadenanthera colubrina is a flowering tree as well which produces its flowers between the months of September and December while maturing up to pods between September and July. The tree is known by many names due to its Geographical spread such as: vilca, huilco, huilca, wilco, willka, cebil, or angico.
The herb can grow in a wide range of altitudes from 315 to 2200 meters with a precipitation that roughly ranges between 250 to 600 mm per annum. It normally grows on rocky hillsides on Savannah and dry rain-forest areas. As soon as the first two years of germination, Anadenanthera colubrina can begin to flower.
Anadenanthera colubrina aka cebil, vilca, huilca, huilco or cohona has been used as a remedy by the traditionalists. They used the bark of the tree to extract its gum and utilized it to treat ailments such as upper respiratory tract infections, as an expectorant and otherwise for cough. In other applications, the bark of Anadenanthera colubrina was used to make a sweetened drink that was used as a beverage.
The tree has had its tannin components being used in industries to process animal hides used for making shoes and other leather products in the market. Apart from its chemical compositions, the tree is being used as timber primarily in northeastern Brazil where wooden products such as window frames, barrels, doors, mooring masts, floors and platforms are made out of it. It is long lasting and the termites do not attack it making it suitable for the wooden applications.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
Due to legislation we can not send to the following countries: Australia, Bulgaria, Finland, Lithuania, Switzerland and Russia
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.