Banisteriopsis caapi | Pilde | Colombia | Shredded Vine
- September 2019
- Very powerful
$11.00 – $330.00
- Shipping Restrictions
- Shipping information
Banisteriopsis caapi Pilde
People did not collect Waking Herbs Pilde plants in the Chocó region. We found them on the east bank of the Putumayo and it is a lovely story.
Thirty years ago an Emberá Catio family from upper Chocó crossed over the San Juan river to the headwaters of the Baudó river where a Ziobain (Siona) family in Putumayo received them. In gratitude they gave the family lots of seeds, plants and animals. Among those seeds was Yagé Pilde. They easily integrated it into the yagé culture and rituals of the Siona family.
The Yaiguaje family from Putumayo are our friends and provided us with this limited edition of Pilde. They told us many joyful stories about this plant. The most remarkable ones are about the potency and strength of the plant compared to any other yagé they are familiar with. They say it is 10 times stronger.
The Embera are a small tribe who live in the Chocó region of Western Colombia. They tell the story that they traditionally used Yagé Pilde as a sacred plant in their tribe. Nowadays, very few of them know about the sacred nature of Pilde, the only yagé from the Chocó region.
Among Emberas, the people who use this plant are known as Pildicero Jaibanas.
The Pilde caapi is characterized by its black bark. Its leaves are smaller than those of its sister plants, and its stems are more fragile.
To date, no ethnographic or ethnobotanical studies of this plant are known.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
Due to legislation we can not send to the following countries: Australia, Canada, France, Lithuania, Poland, Reunion, Russia and Ukraine
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.