Banisteriopsis caapi | Tigre | Colombia | Shredded Vine
- New in our range
- Harvested August 2019
Common names: Banisteriopsis caapi Tigre, Tigre Ayahuasca
$11.00 – $330.00
- Shipping Restrictions
- Shipping information
Banisteriopsis caapi Tigre | Colombia | Putumayo
Taita Yaiguaje from Colombia lives on the banks of the Putumayo River, he told us the stories, he shared his brew with us, and he allowed us to collect this precious vine.
In the knowledge of the Ziobain (Siona) people from Lower Putumayo in Colombia, this vine is planted in the jungle, away from human contact until its harvest. Its preparation is done on a new moon, and the stems are planted in a crescent moon.
According to the stories told by the people from the upper Amazon in Colombia, Tigre Yagé got its name after special properties were given to the Taita (savvy of the spiritual world) who prepared the Banisisteriopsis caapi. He acquired a great development of the senses and powers until he was actually able to transform physically into a Butterfly Tigre (Panthera).
People tell the story of this great shaman who still walks at night close to the rivers, and who eats from this vine, he is the guardian of the territory, and the one who connects different worlds.
The Taita always has the Tigre by his side, because with the use of this plant in a ceremony, he can achieve difficult challenges, “such as returning the spirit of a person when he is lost”.
The deep brown stems are filled with various chemical constituents. Harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine are among a few, and are classified as harmala alkaloids and MAOI’s. Scientific analysis has identified the vines to constitute approximately 0.11-0.83% beta-carboline, with the majority being the harmaline and tetrahydroharmaline.
As the discovery and exploration of the traditional use of Ayahuasca grew, it became known for its telepathic powers; initially the psychoactive alkaloid was called telepathine, which is now known as harmaline. When this root was used on its own, it producedmood-enhancing effects.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
Due to legislation we can not send to the following countries: Australia, Canada, France, Lithuania, Poland, Reunion, Russia and Ukraine
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.