Banisteriopsis caapi | Tigre | Colombia | Shredded Vine
- New in our range
- Harvested August 2019
Common names: Banisteriopsis caapi Tigre, Tigre Ayahuasca
$11.00 – $330.00
- Shipping Restrictions
- Shipping information
Banisteriopsis caapi Tigre | Colombia | Putumayo
Taita Yaiguaje from Colombia lives on the banks of the Putumayo River. He told us stories, shared his brew with us, and allowed us to collect this precious vine.
The Ziobain (Siona) people from Lower Putumayo in Colombia plant this vine in the jungle, away from human contact until they harvest it. They prepare it during a new moon, and plant the stems when the moon is waxing.
According to the stories of the people from the upper Amazon in Colombia, Tigre Yagé got its name after special powers were given to the Taita (knowledgeable about the spiritual world) who prepared the Banisisteriopsis caapi. He developed such great powers that he was actually able to transform physically into a Butterfly Tigre (Panthera).
People tell the story of this great shaman who still walks at night close to the rivers. He eats from this vine, is the guardian of the territory, and is the one who connects different worlds.
The Taita always has Tigre by his side. This is because when he uses this plant in a ceremony, he can overcome challenges, such as “returning the spirit of a person when he is lost”.
The deep brown stems contain various chemical components such as harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine. They are classified as harmala alkaloids and MAOI’s. Scientific analysis has identified that the vines contain approximately 0.11-0.83% beta-carboline, the majority of which is harmaline and tetrahydroharmaline.
As exploration of the traditional use of the Vine grew, it became known for its telepathic powers. Initially the psychoactive alkaloid was called telepathine, but people now know it as harmaline. When people use this root on its own it produces mood-enhancing and other effects
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
Due to legislation we can not send to the following countries: Australia, Canada, France, Lithuania, Poland, Reunion, Russia and Ukraine
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.