Banisteriopsis caapi | White | Yage | shredded
- January 2019 Fresh stock received
BANISTERIOPSIS CAAPI VINES(White):
Origin: South America
Common names: Ayahuasca, Caapi, Yage, Hoasca, Natema
- Shipping Restriction
- Shipping information
Banisteriopsis caapi is a giant jungle vine of the Malphigiaceae family that is native to the Amazonian jungle. This long woody vine with many branches can reach a height of 40 feet. It’s round, green leaves are pointy at the end while its flowers, which rarely emerge in the tropics, have small white or pink petals.
Traditionally the Banisteriopsis caapi vine, commonly known as Ayahuasca, has been used in ritual context throughout the Amazonian rainforest and is known as “the great teacher” and the “vine of the soul” in the Quechuan language.
Shamans of the Amazon claim that they can achieve altered states of consciousness just by using this plant alone. Considered a ‘Master Plant Teacher’, there are approximately 70+ tribes who have traditionally used this vine for various purposes, including healing, spiritual sight, foretelling the future, divination and is responsible for the breadth of botanical knowledge held by these tribes peoples.
The vine grows plentifully in the Amazon rainforest. The root enjoys a rich, moist soil to grow, with partial shade to full sun. Its leaves are broad and have little hairs on the abaxial (lower) leaf surface that gives the green leaves an etheric silvery appearance. Banisteriopsis caapi is used to make Ayahuasca, used for thousands of years by various tribes of the Amazon. This brew has a long history of use as an entheogen and as a remedy. It is said to have a hypnotic effect; also it is known for its profound and deep cleansing effect on the body as a purgative, but it also cleanses the mind, heart and energetic field of the user. The vine itself contains numerous active constituents with value such as harmine, harmaline, and tetrahydroharmine, which are beta-carboline harmala alkaloids and Mono-amine-oxide inhibitors.
Traditionally, the Banisteriopsis caapi vine is taken and shredded, usually done by the pounding of smaller sections with a stone. Other than drying, the vine does not go through any other treatment.
The primary active ingredients in this part of B. caapi are harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine (Raetsch 2005).
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
Due to legislation we can not send to the following countries: Australia, Canada, France, Lithuania, Poland, Reunion, Russia, Switzerland and Ukraine
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.