Banisteriopsis caapi yellow | Cielo | Leaves Vines and Extracts | Quechua Yage
- Always fresh stock of this highly recommended vine.
- This stock is harvested June 2019.
- Sustainable, fair trade and organic
We offer you five forms of this excellent stock. All organic, all shade dried, all sustainably harvested.
- Our Shredded is very popular and comes higly recommended
- Our logs or Whole vines have a diameter of 1,5 cm to 4 cm. If you’re looking for altar pieces or pieces to make jewelry please contact us
- Our Leaves are of the highest quality. Hand picked and selected
- Our Extract is a 30 to 1. Thirty kilos of fresh vine were used to make 1 liter of this pure caapi extract
- Exclusive: Pieces with bark. Several people asked for them, so here they are. Beautiful for making amulets
$9.00 – $645.00
- Shipping Restriction
- Shipping information
Our yellow Banisteriopsis caapi (one of the main ingredients of ayahuasca) comes from the land of a Quechua (Kichwa) family in the Rio Napo area in Ecuador. When Wouter and Laura met them, they felt a mutual connection. The family invited them onto their land, a few hours from where Wouter and Laura live. The family are the keepers (from a long line) of a sacred ceremonial cave with a waterfall inside. On their ancestral land around the cave they cultivate and harvest the vines sustainably. They replant ten vines for each plant they harvest. The vines all dry in the sun and have no further treatment.
Many tribes regard Banisteriopsis caapi or Ayahuasca as a plant of the gods. Known as a Master Plant Teacher, this giant woody vine of the Malpighiaceae family grows in the lush Amazon rainforest of Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Brazil. It has many interesting characteristics and properties which have attracted attention around the world. Many South American tribes from the Amazon region have used it for thousands of years. People know it best for its healing power. This vine is closely linked to cultural mythology and tradition. Although it is revered around the world, it is still considered to be a very mysterious plant. It is arguably one of the most fascinating and culturally rich plants on earth.
In the past, and in some remote areas of the jungle today, local people make a tea from the vine and use it to treat a wide variety of illnesses. The decoction can also be massaged into the skin. They blow the powder through a bird windpipe into the lungs of young Waorani boys. They say it gives the child powerful lungs and the strength to become a great hunter.
The vine has a distinctive appearance, with a circular twisting shape with many branches and leaves. They grow to an average of 40 ft in height! The leaves of the caapi are opposite, green, oval-shaped, pointed and smooth. The flowers are smallish (12-14mm in diameter and 2.5-3mm long) with a white to pinkish colour when in full bloom. They are indeed a special and rare sight to see. Its small fan-like seeds are green in colour when fresh and fade to a brown when dried. It thrives in humus-rich and moist soil with lots of water, such as in warm tropical environments.
The deep brown stems contain various chemical components such as harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine, and they are classified as harmala alkaloids and MAOI’s. Scientific analysis has identified that the vines contain approximately 0.11-0.83% beta-carboline, the majority of which is harmaline and tetrahydroharmaline.
As the exploration of the traditional use of Ayahuasca grew, it became known for its telepathic powers. Initially the psychoactive alkaloid was called telepathine, but people now know it as harmaline. When people use this root on its own, it produces mood-enhancing and other effects
The primary active ingredients in this part of B. caapi are harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine (Raetsch 2005).
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
Colours of the product may vary as we sell natural products we don’t make photos of every new batch. Sometimes the exact form of the products can differ with that on the photo.
We guarantee the authenticity of our products and the correct botanical title.
Due to legislation unfortunately we can not send to the following countries: Australia, Canada, France, Lithuania, Poland, Reunion, Russia and Ukraine
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.