Banisteriopsis muricata | Red Vine | Red Caapi Yage | Leaf and Vine| Shuar
- Our 30x resin can be found here
- Our highly praised red vine
- Available as whole vine, shredded vine and leaf
BANISTERIOPSIS MURICATA :
Species: B. muricata
Common names: Ayahuasca, Caapi, Yage, Hoasca, Natema, Red Ayahuasca, Yagé, Red Vine, and Daime.
$10.00 – $615.00
- Shipping Restriction
- Shipping information
Fresh Organic Shuar RED ayahuasca Banisteriopsis caapi (muricate) from Ecuador.
It took us a year to find it and now we harvest it sustainably in cooperation with Shuar healers in the Amazon. Other than drying, the vine does not go through any additional treatment.
A member of the Malpighiaceae family, Banisteriopsis muricata or Red Ayahuasca is a beautiful and mysterious vine. It has very similar effects to the Banisteriopsis caapi, or Yellow Ayahuasca. The difference is that B. muricata is considered to be a stronger medicine. The rich red color it produces when extracted gives it its name, Red Ayahuasca. The leaves are also slightly different: the B. muricata leaves are smaller and have a slightly different structure. Interestingly, another characteristic that sets these two species of vines apart is that there are two different types of ants who inhabit each vine.
Among the indigenous peoples of the Amazon, B. muricata is called ‘Ayahuasca de los brujos’ or ‘Ayahuasca of the sorcerers.’ In Quechua, the word Ayahuasca means ‘Vine of the Soul’. Shamans of the Amazon claim they can achieve altered states of consciousness by using this plant alone. Considered a ‘Master Plant Teacher’, there are approximately 70+ tribes who have traditionally used this vine for a range of purposes. This includes healing, spiritual sight, foretelling the future and divination. It is also responsible for the breadth of botanical knowledge held by these tribespeople.
People know it for its deep cleansing effect on the body as a purgative. It also cleanses the mind, heart and energy field of the user.
The vine grows plentifully in the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador, close to the border with Peru. The root grows well in a rich, moist soil, with partial shade to full sun. Its leaves are broad and have little hairs on the underside that gives them an ethereal, silvery appearance.
For thousands of years many Amazon tribes have used Banisteriopsis muricata to make Ayahuasca.
The vine itself contains numerous active components with cultural value. These include harmine, harmaline, and tetrahydroharmine, which are harmala alkaloids and Mono-amine-oxide inhibitors.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. New Herbals, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
Due to legislation we can not send to the following countries: Australia, Canada, France, Lithuania, Poland, Reunion, Russia and Ukraine
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.