Banisteriopsis muricata | Red Vine | Red Caapi Yage | Leaf and Vine| Shuar
- Our 30x resin can be found here
- Our highly praised red vine
- Available as whole vine, shredded vine and leaf
BANISTERIOPSIS MURICATA :
Species: B. muricata
Common names: Ayahuasca, Caapi, Yage, Hoasca, Natema, Red Ayahuasca, Yagé, Red Vine, and Daime.
£7.98 – £490.77
- Shipping Restriction
- Shipping information
Fresh Organic Shuar RED ayahuasca Banisteriopsis muricata from Ecuador
Sustainable harvested in cooperation with Shuar healers in the Amazon. It took us a year to find her finally 🙂
Other than drying, the vine does not go through any other treatment.
Mysterious & Strong
As a member of the Malpighiaceae family, Banisteriopsis muricata or Red Ayahuasca is a beautiful and mysterious vine. It has very similar effects as the Banisteriopsis caapi, which is known as Yellow Ayahuasca. The exception is that B. muricata is considered a stronger medicine. The rich red color it produces when extracted denotes its name, Red Ayahuasca. The leaves are also slightly different, with the B. muricata leaves being smaller as well as a slightly different structure. Interestingly, another distinguishable characteristic that sets these two species of vines apart, is that there are two different types of ants who inhabit each vine.
Shamans of the Amazon
Among indigenous peoples of the Amazon, B. muricata is called ‘Ayahuasca de los brujos’ or ‘Ayahuasca of the sorcerers.’ In Quechua, the word Ayahuasca means ‘Vine of the Soul’. Shamans of the Amazon claim that they can achieve altered states of consciousness just by using this plant alone. Considered a ‘Master Plant Teacher’, there are approximately 70+ tribes who have traditionally used this vine for various purposes. This includes healing, spiritual sight, foretelling the future, divination and is responsible for the breadth of botanical knowledge held by these tribes peoples. Traditionally, the B. muricata vine is shredded, usually done by the pounding of smaller sections with a stone.
The vine grows plentifully in the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador, close to the border of Peru. The root enjoys a rich, moist soil to grow, with partial shade to full sun. Its leaves are broad and have little hairs on the abaxial (lower) leaf surface that gives the green leaves an etheric silvery appearance.
Banisteriopsis muricata is used to make Ayahuasca, used for thousands of years by various tribes of the Amazon. The Banisteriopsis vine is combined with another plant like Chacrruna, Mimosa, Chalipanga, Acacia containing a chemical compound known as Di-Methyltryptamine. This brew has a long history of use as an entheogen and as a remedy. It is said to have a hypnotic effect; also it is known for its profound and deep cleansing effect on the body as a purgative, but it also cleanses the mind, heart and energetic field of the user.
The vine itself contains numerous active constituents with cultural value. Especially harmine, harmaline, and tetrahydroharmine, which are harmala alkaloids and Mono-amine-oxide inhibitors.
Sustainability is the keyword for Wakingherbs. We feel deeply responsible for maintaining and preserving the resources.
* for every vine we cut, ten are replanted
* we plant vines ourselves with members of the communities
* for shipping we use as much recycled material as possible
* we have deals with local shops to collect their boxes for re-use
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. New Herbals, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
Due to legislation we can not send to the following countries: Australia, Canada, France, Lithuania, Poland, Reunion, Russia and Ukraine
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.