- Shipping information
Palo Santo Logs
Our Palo Santo logs are sustainably harvested from a private reserve in Ecuador from trees and branches that have naturally fallen and have been laying dead for 4-10 years before they are harvested. Only the naturally fallen trees produce the wonderfully woody scent. The longer the tree has been dead, the more potent the scent. Some Palo Santo trees can live to be 80-90+ years old.
This Palo Santo logs we offer don’t really smell (yet). Only when you start processing them the rich fragrance spreads. Weights vary from 200 gr to 1500 gr per log. If you order a bag of 1kg you can expect a big log and a smaller one, or a big log and some pieces to make it into 1 kg.
Bursera graveolens | Palo santo
Bursera graveolens, a beautiful aromatic tree, is prized for its aromatic wood. Used throughout Central and South America as an incense, B graveolens, is used among natives indigenous tribes, such as the Inca, to spiritually cleanse impure energy and to get rid of evil spirits, calamity and misfortune. This tree has a powerful energy, yet when it is burned, the results are one of relaxation, peace and wellbeing. Its brings a fragrant and pleasant smell to any space it is burned in.
These trees are protected under government supervision; however during tremendous wind, fallen trees are gathered in a respectful way, as the tree has been considered sacred by tribes for thousands of years. Bursera Graveolens is found growing in many areas including Guatemala, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras, Colombia and the Galapagos islands.
Palo Santo may be burned similar to incense by lighting shavings of the wood or the whole stick can be light on fire, allowed to burn for a few moments then blown out so that it will smoke. In Peru, a shaman or medicine man, may light Palo Santo sticks and the rising smoke will enter the energy field of ritual participants to ‘clear misfortune, negative thought patterns and ‘evil’ spirits.” In terms of western culture, Palo Santo is used and burned as incense. Essential oil can be produced from the wood, which is attracting a lot of attention due to its seductive scent for use in perfumes and cosmetics. There are many health benefits reported by the indigenous that burn the wood. When combined and burned with another plant named Ruta chalepensis, the smoke is blown into the ears to treat otitis media (ear infections). In addition, the wood can also be burned with Yerba mate together with the feathers of the rhea bird. The resulting mixture of smoke is inhaled every nine days and it is well recorded to heal ‘mal aire’.
Supporting local communities is also part of Wakingherbs projects 🙂 Please join us in our quest to get the best natural products.
Find out more
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.