Calliandra angustifolia | Bobinsana | Leaf | Bark | Extract 30x
- Leaf extract
- From Rio Napo area in Ecuador
Origin: Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, Bolivia
Common names: Bobinsana, Balata, Bushiglla, Capabo, Chipero, Kori-Sacha, Bobensana Bubinsana, Bubinianal, Cigana, Koprupi, Kuanti, Neweí, Quinilla Blanca, Semein, Sháwi, Yacu Yutzu, Yopoyo
£8.67 – £232.46
- Shipping information
Calliandra angustifolia also commonly known as Bobinsana is a shrubby tree. It is normally found growing along the river banks and streams till it attracted the water-loving plant as a name. It is a wonderfully green plant that is about 4 to 6 meters high when mature that is also found in streams in the Amazon Basin. The other names of this powerful plant are chipero, koprupi, shawi, kuanti, yopoyo, balata, capabo among others. It is quite easy to identify the plant due to its pink to reddish powderpuff-like flowers that it produces which is typical or accredited to the Mimosa family whence it comes from. Its nativity being South America, Bobinsana is found in large numbers along Mayo and Huallanga rivers found in Eastern Peru. It also does well and highly able to grow along the streams in the warm valleys and cloud forests on the slopes of Eastern Andrea 1500 meters high. On a commercial level, Bobinsana produces a resinous gum that is normally sold to the people interested.
Famous amongst Amazon indigenous
Calliandra angustifolia is famous in Amazon among the Indians and the Peruvians due to its properties. While the Indians prepare a decoction of its roots for strength and energy (stimulant), the Peruvians prepare a bark tincture that heals arthritis, rheumatism, bone pains, colds and to boost their immune system. Moreover, in Peruvian herbal medicine, its bark decoction is considered to be a contraceptive, tonic and depurative.
Currently, Bobinsana is not well known in the United States as a herbal remedy but research done in Sweden has shown that the plant contained COX-inhibitors which is a remedy for arthritis explaining why it is so reputable for rheumatism and arthritis in South America as a herbal medicine. Nevertheless, it is currently gaining popularity in Peru as a remedy for muscle pain and a local treatment for uterine cancer.
Calliandra angustifolia (Bobinsana) is a powerful herbal plant and its properties have been isolated and well prepared to offer herbal remedies to the common diseases that have been discussed.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
The biochemistry of bobinsana is not well documented. It is believed to contain harmala alkaloids, amino acids, cyanogenic glycosides, flavonoids, tannins, saponins, and sterols. Two studies reports the presence of several pipecolic acids.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.