- Shipping information
Chakapa | Chacapa | Shakapa | Ceremonial Leaf-Bundle Rattle
This natural rattle of bundled leaves was made by a shaman friend from the Quechua tribe in Rio Napo Province in the upper amazon in Ecuador. He went into his chacra with his wife and child especially to gather these wonderful leaves for us. Our chakapa is made with leaves from the shacapa bush (Pariana spp.), which is the bush Quechua shamans traditionally use.
Important Shamanic tool
Shakapa (sometimes spelled shakapa or Latinized to shacapa) is a Quechua word for a shaker or rattle constructed of bundled leaves. The shakapa is possibly the most important shamanic tools used by shamans in the Amazon. Chakapa’s are used to produce healing and cleansing sounds. They are a great tool to awaken medicinal power in medicines and to support deep cleansing of energies and forces.
Voice of the Spirits
Among the Yagua, the rattle is held to be the voice of the spirits. This rattle is used in ayahuasca, kambo and other ceremonies. Often in combination with the singing of icaros (sacred chats) call for spirit helpers and to carry the sacred rhythms needed for healing and cleansing (Chi Banishment). Tobacco, rattle, and song are mythologically interconnected and are very powerful when combined correctly and with strong intent.
The sound of the chakapa is said to comfort patients in an ayahuasca and Kambo ceremonies and “cleans” the energy surrounding the patient. Shamans have a large variety of chakapa movements that create different sounds and energy waves. These movements match the coinciding icaro and healing that is being done at the time. Once the shaman or curandero catches the bad spirits in a chakapa, it is then blown out of the leaves into the forest. The spirits are taken in by mother earth (Pachamama) for which this dirt is food and which love to turn dirt into life once again.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.