- Shipping information
Classic tagua pipe
Tagua nuts are obtained from Phytelephas equatorials (elephant palm), an Amazonian palm tree. When they are dry, the hard, white tagua seeds look like ivory. As the character, density and color of the seeds resemble that of ivory, the palm is referred to as elephant palm. In Ecuador, tagua seeds are made use of to skillfully carve designs. These seeds can be polished just as ivory is polished.
Local people collect the pods without causing any damage to the trees. This type of sustainable harvesting may be done on a semi-annual basis for as many as 40 years. Tagua is a cash crop and the person engaged in the collection of tagua seeds earns more per acre than what he or she can earn if the same land is used for other farming purposes. When consumers purchase tagua, they are actually encouraging good utilization of land and forest management.
Classic Tagua Pipe from Waking Herbs are 100 percent organic and are hand crafted. We obtain the pipes directly from indigenous friends without the involvement of intermediaries. When you use tagua pipes, you get the real taste of what you are smoking.
Our Classic Tagua Pipes are all hand carved by local Ecuadorian artists. The top of the nut is carved into the shape of a bowl and an inner passage through the nut is provided up to the mouthpiece. The wooden part of the pipe is made from Chonta wood. The Incas used this hard wood for making shields and weapons.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.