Croton lechleri | Dragon’s blood | Sangre de Drago | Drachenblut | Sangre de Grado
- Wild harvested
- Nothing added
Species: C. lechleri
Origin: Ecuador Rio Napo Province
Common names: Dragon’s blood, Sangre de Drago, Sangre de Grado, Drachenblut, Croton, Dracaena, Daemonorops, Calamus rotang, Pterocarpus
$12.00 – $175.00
- Shipping information
Dragon’s Blood – Pure, Organic & Wild-Crafted
Sangre de Drago is sap from the Dragons Blood tree. Known as Croton lechleri. A great helper for all of us because of the antiviral, antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-hemorrhagic and anti-fungal properties.
Sap from the tree is taken twice during its life. Once when the tree is around 10years old. Cuts are made in the bark and the sap is caught in buckets. Not too much is taken so the tree can recover. This can’t be done during rainy season obviously. When the tree is at the end of its’ life cycle at around 15 years the sap is harvested again.
Many trees are planted on the ancestral lands of our suppliers to have a steady stock of this beautiful helper.
Dragon’s blood is a red, wine colored sap from the jungle tree Croton lechleri, with a long history of indigenous use in the Amazon region.
Many Amazonian healers have used this resin to relieve wounds and cure ulcers, hemorrhages, colic, dyspepsia and tumours. Other traditional uses are for healing lesions due to infections, easing pain and treating gastrointestinal distress including diarrhea and internal ulcers.
As little as a single drop of Dragon’s Blood shows excellent benefits as a first aid treatment for insect bites and stings, lacerations and burns, stimulating the healing of wounds by aiding in the formation of fresh collagen.
The antioxidant effect on the skin makes it a very valuable ingredient for expensive anti-aging facial creams.
The sap we offer is of the highest quality, guaranteed, employing stringent standards of hygiene from tree to bottle. Our product is fairly and directly traded without intermediaries.
Keep it cool and it easily stays preserved for years! We don’t add alcohol or other additives to preserve. We only sell 100% Dragon’s blood.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.