Good luck and Balance Bracelet | Huayruro | Waorani
Colours can differ from the picture. The bracelets are sold per one or two.
$12.00 – $22.00
- Shipping information
Huayruro Bracelet – Ormosia amazonica
These beautiful bracelets are made by women of the Quechua tribe in the Rio Napo area in Ecuador. The brightly colored Huayruro seeds are widely used in Amazonian crafts and jewelry; they protect travelers and attract good fortune. The huayruro macho (male) seeds are black and red, and the huayruro hembra (female) seeds are all red. It is said that wearing them gives protection against the mal de ojo (evil eye).
The bracelets are made from seeds that have been wild harvested from the forest, some beeds and a string. Of course they are handmade and yes they are fairtrade.
The seed of many if not all species in the genus of Ormosia contain alkaloids and are toxic.
Ormosia amazonica is an evergreen or briefly deciduous tree with a large, moderately dense, rounded crown; it can grow 25 – 35 metres tall. The seedpods open whilst still on the tree. The seeds, however, often remain in the canopy for months after this, resting in the open pods until the wind or some animal dislodges them – or until the pod rots and falls to earth.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.