- Shipping information
Beautiful Shaman made Katukina Passionflower Rapé from Brazil (#9)
This Katukina Passionflower rapé is great before going to sleep and for lucid dreaming. It was made for us by a Katukina Healer, he has been working with Rapé and sacred plants for a very long time. He has also made other snuffs for us. We feel that it is truly special to be able to share this sacred mix of cultural heritage. The Katukina or Catuquina are an indigenous group that inhabits the southwestern Brazilian state of Acre.
The combination of Tsuno ash with passion flower makes of this our favourite, well, one of our favourites.
What is Rapé?
Rapé, pronounced ‘ha-pey’ is a tradition used by various indigenous tribes of South America, predominantly from the tribes people of Brazil and Peru. Rapé is a snuff which is blown into each nostril through a pipe known as a ‘Tepi’, which is either made from a hollow bone or bamboo. Each tribe has their own formula of plants, trees, seeds, most commonly combined with a pure form of sacred plants from the Amazon. This goes together with an ash called tsunu, or others like Murici, Yarumo, or Inga, which are prepared in a ritualistic way by specific members of the tribe. In some tribes, it is the women who gather the ingredients and make the Rapé. In other tribes rapé is made by the shaman. Typically rapé is made in small batches with specific intentions for the ceremony or person being treated. This is a very powerful aid, profoundly healing and cleansing on many levels. The use of Rapé aims to connect one to the spirits of nature while invoking that power to bring about physical and spiritual healing.
Traditionally, it is administered through either the Tepi or Kuripe. The Kuripe is a for self-administration and the Tepi is used when blowing the snuff for another person. The V-shaped applicator or Kuripe, connects the nostril to the mouth. The Tepi is a long blow pipe that connects the nostril of the receiver with the mouth of the blower, who then blows the rapé into the nose of the receiver.
In general, the tribes believe Rapé facilitates the opening and clearing of the chakras, facilitates a sense of grounding and connecting to the earth. Some think it supports the release of disease from the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual bodies. And some say that opens the third-eye chakra, decalcifies the pineal gland, clears mental fog and confusion, releases negative thought patterns, supports our connection to the breath and expands our connection to Spirit.
For more information
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.