Maytenus krukovii | Chuchuhuasi | Maytenus laevis | Chuchasha | Chuchuhuasha
- Universal Tonic of the Amazon
- From Ecuador
- Free shipping
Species: Maytenus krukovii
€14.48 – €113.13
- Shipping information
To say Maytenus krukovii is available everywhere in the Peruvian Amazon is no exaggeration.
Chuchuhuasi is the universal tonic of the Amazon.
Maytenus krukovii is prized as much for its revitalising and libido-enhancing effects as for its ability to relieve sore joints and muscles.
It is traditionally taken as a decoction or macerated in alcohol but, either way, the remedy is subtle and slow acting. It may take several weeks before the full benefits are realized. Despite its somewhat bitter, oily taste, Chuchuhuasi diffuses rapidly in the body, revitalising the essence (Jing) and supporting kidney energy.
Maytenus krukovii influences all the organs and systems associated with the second chakra. This includes sexual/reproductive organs, adrenals, kidneys, bladder, digestion, immune system, bones and teeth. Various studies have confirmed the analgesic, anti-inflammatory, gastro-protective and immune-stimulating properties of the bark.
Shamanic Plant Teacher
Maytenus krukovii is respected as a plant teacher in Peruvian shamanism for the strength and protection it confers. It is one of the palos or trees included in la dieta, the shamanic diet, which forms the basis of shamanic training in the Ucayali region of Peru. Chuchuhuasi is one of many additional ingredients which can be added to the ayahuasca brew.
Chuchuhausi is a tall, canopy tree indigenous to the tropical rainforests of Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru. It has a number of botanical names including Maytenus krukovii, M. ebenifolia, M. laevis, and M. macrocarpa. Not to be confused with Heisteria pallida which is sometimes referred to as chuchuhuasha or chuchuwasi.
Chuchuhausi is a powerhouse of triterpenes, favonols, and sesquiterpene alkaloids. The pyridine alkaloids in the bark are likely responsible for its anti-arthritic effects. One study found its pain relieving and anti-inflammatory action to be more potent than ibruprofen (Salazar-Granara, 2012). It also contains alkaloids which inhibit protein kinase C (PKC), an enzyme implicated in arthritis. Elevated PKC is also indicated in a wide variety of disease processes including asthma, brain tumors, cancer, and cardiovascular disease. A number of chemicals have been identified with antitumour activity. Tingenone and pristimeran are effective against skin cancers according to one study. Also new sesquiterpene compounds plus mayteine and maytansine have displayed some antitumour activitity. Chuchuhuasi has also be found effective against leishmaniasis, a tropical parasitic disease causing skin lesions.
We recommend these websites for Additional Information about Chuchuasi:
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.