Mimosa hostilis | Jurema Preta | Root Bark | Mimosa tenuiflora | MHRB Brazil
- We classify our mhrb by fragrancy from medium, high to highest
- We have three types; Brazil: medium – Mexico: high – South America: highest
- Also available are viable Mimosa seeds
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Shipping to certain states via DHL Express only. Please see our specific FAQ or the shipping restrictions tab below for detailed information.
Family: Leguminosae or Mimosaceae
Species: M. hostilis
Common names: Jurema, Tepescohuite, Cabrero, Carbonal, Jurema Preta, Calumbi, Black Jeruma, Vinho de Jeruma, Yurema
$16.00 – $450.00
- Shipping restrictions
- Shipping information
Mimosa hostilis | Jurema Preta | Root Bark | Mimosa tenuiflora | Brazil
The Mimosa hostilis or Jurema is a beautiful shrubby tree that has been found to grow upwards of 8 meters tall. Its branches are covered in short thorns to protect itself from predation, and its leaves are pinnate shaped that grow to about 2 inches long. The flowers are white in color and have a lovely fragrance, which occur in loosely cylindrical spikes. The flowers become pods, containing about 3-4 fruits each. The seeds contained in the pods are flat, oval shaped and brown in color. The wood from the Mimosa hostilis is considered one of the strongest and most durable available on the market.
Mimosa hostilis is found growing in the northeast region of Brazil, and found as far north as Mexico, including El Salvador, Honduras, Panama, Colombia and Venezuela. It prefers lower altitudes, but can be found growing as high as 1000m. In Brazil, the first tribes to ritualistically use this plant for its psychoactive properties are now extinct. The use of this plant was kept secret and passed from father to son by the descendents of this original tribe out of fear of severe prosecution by the white man. It was revived as the Jeruma Cult (O Culto de Jeruma). The traditional ritual itself is very complex. The inner root bark was the part traditionally used.
Centuries ago, the tree was used for charcoal production and wood, due to its durable nature. Otherqualities of Mimosa tenuiflora are antimicrobial, analgesic, antifungal, cicatrizing (to heal by scar formation), regenerative, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging.
Quality and Recommendations
Although we are proud of the quality of our Mexican MHRB. We recommend our Hidden Valley MHRB and are pretty sure that you will agree with us. Both MHRB products are often combined with these wonderful products: Peganum harmala pure alkaloids, Banisteriopsis caapi or Banisteriopsis muricata.
Our products are not certified by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) nor by Health Canada, for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold or intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
Colours of the product may vary; as we sell natural products we don’t make photos of every new batch. Sometimes the exact form of the products can differ from that of the photo.
We guarantee the authenticity of our products and the correct botanical title.
We have been successfully shipping Mimosa hostilis around the world for some years now. However, there are certain, country-specific restrictions to which we must abide.
Legislation dictates that we cannot ship Mimosa products to the following countries:
France (including Overseas Territories of France)
Shipping to the USA:
Although there is no legislation prohibiting the import of Mimosa hostilis into the USA, the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has, in recent months, increased the number of checks on packages from the Netherlands. In certain states, orders containing Mimosa hostilis have been seized or returned to sender. In order to minimize the potential of this happening, we have had to change the way that we ship our orders containing Mimosa products to certain states. For the purpose of clarity, we have organized the states into three groups with the following shipping options available:
States: AK, CT, DE, HI, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, NC, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV
Shipping options: Free shipping, Registered PostNL
States: AZ, CA, CO, ID, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY
Shipping options: Free shipping, Registered DHL
States: AL, AR, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, ND, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, WI
Shipping options: DHL Express shipping
We understand that this may significantly increase the cost of orders to states in Group C but we have found that this is the only shipping method to offer normalized delivery rates for orders containing Mimosa products.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.