Mimosa hostilis Inner Root Bark| Jurema | MHRB | Tepezcohuite | Mexico
We classify our mhrb by fragrancy from medium, high to highest
Species: Mimosa hostilis (syn. Mimosa tenuiflora)
Common names: Jurema, Tepezcohuite, Cabrero, Carbonal, Jurema Preta, Yurema
Very fragrant Mexican Jurema Root Bark, Fresh stock just arrived in September 2018.
$16.00 – $455.00
- Shipping Restrictions
- Shipping information
Sustainably Harvested Mimosa by Tzoltzil and Zoque
Our Mimosa Hostilis (Tepezcohuite) is harvested by a community of indigenous Tzoltzil and Zoque farmers from southeastern Mexico. No chemical fertilizers or pesticides were used. Most of the jurema is harvested/collected from the wild in the more than 370 hectares of land owned by these farmers. The Tepezcohuite tree is very abundant in this region since it grows there naturally. They do replant sufficient trees to ensure a sustainable and ecologically friendly production. Other plants/products harvested by this community are mango, noni, moringa, stevia and salvia divinorum.
In Mexico, this powdered bark is used to treat burns and wounds. Additionally, it acts as an analgesic, with hours of lasting relief and expedited tissue recovery. The bark is also recommended to counteract exhaustion and debility, and has been shown to stimulate the immune system. Other qualities of Mimosa tenuiflora are antimicrobial, analgesic, antifungal, cicatrizing (to heal by scar formation), regenerative, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging.
For many centuries, the Mayas in Mexico used the Hostilis Mimosa root bark, or “Tepezcohuite” (as it is known in Mexico) to treat skin burns and wounds. They also used it to make tea. Furthermore, it is known to be an excellent body paint or natural colouring agent for textiles. In addition, this tree has played a major role in the traditions of different indigenous tribes in South America. In Brazil, for instance, it is known under the name of Jurema Preta.
This tree can be found in the northeast region of Brazil, and found as far north as Mexico, including El Salvador, Honduras, Panama, Colombia and Venezuela. It prefers lower altitudes, but can be found growing as high as 1000m.
The wood from this tree is considered one of the strongest and most durable available on the market.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. New Herbals, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
Due to legislation we can not send to the following countries: Bulgary, Canada, France, Lithuania, Poland, Reunion, Russia and Ukraine
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.