- contains flavonoids, which may help to lower blood pressure and regulate blood flow.
- contains Theobromine, which may positively affect mood.
- contains Epichatechin, which may reduce inflammation and can play a role in muscle regeneration.
- contains Caffeine, which can raise energy levels.
- Rojo-Poveda, O., Barbosa-Pereira, L., Zeppa, G., & Stévigny, C. (2020). Cocoa Bean Shell-A By-Product with Nutritional Properties and Biofunctional Potential. Nutrients, 12(4), 1123. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12041123
- Ramiro, E., Franch, A., Castellote, C., Pérez-Cano, F., Permanyer, J., Izquierdo-Pulido, M., & Castell, M. (2005). Flavonoids from Theobroma cacao down-regulate inflammatory mediators. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, 53(22), 8506–8511. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0511042