- Balancing immune system
- Fighting infections due to its antimicrobial, antiviral and antiprotozoal properties
- Protecting against oxidative stress with its antioxidant activity
- Chronic inflammations
- Cognitive health, memory and focus (with reported anti Alzheimer’s disease activity)
- Batiha, G.E.-S., et al., Uncaria tomentosa (Willd. ex Schult.) DC.: A review on chemical constituents and biological activities. Applied Sciences, 2020. 10(8): p. 2668.
- Snow, A.D., et al., The Amazon rain forest plant Uncaria tomentosa (Cat’s claw) and its specific proanthocyanidin constituents are potent inhibitors and reducers of both brain plaques and tangles. Sci Rep, 2019. 9(1): p. 561.
- Keplinger, K., et al., Uncaria tomentosa (Willd.) DC.—ethnomedicinal use and new pharmacological, toxicological and botanical results. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 1998. 64(1): p. 23-34.
- Pilarski, R., et al., Antioxidant activity of ethanolic and aqueous extracts of Uncaria tomentosa (Willd.) DC. J Ethnopharmacol, 2006. 104(1-2): p. 18-23.