Nelumbo nucifera (White lotus), Bean of india, Nelumbium speciosum, Nymphaea nelumbo, Nymphaea stellata
Species: N. nuficera
Common Names: Sacred Water Lotus, White Lotus, East Indian Lotus, Indian Lotus, Sacred Lotus, Bean of India, Nelumbium speciosum, Nymphaea nelumbo, Nymphaea stellata.
$10.00 – $19.00
- Shipping information
As an aquatic plant, Nelumbo Nucifera or the White Lotus is a remarkable plant and has got great reputations due to its excellent results. The plant has the capabilities of living both inside and on the surface of water. Its characteristics resemble much of the plants that are found growing in water. Like most aquatic plants, its main stem and roots are inside the water and often reach the ground on the bottom of the water pool, and its flowers bloom on the surface. The plant has many other characteristics that make it survive in the harsh conditions of the water. For it to continue prospering it requires enough sunlight for its flowers to bloom and for proper growth. In order for the flower to receive enough of the sunlight, the plant is well adapted and hence develops its flowers at the very surface of the water.
Most people mistake the Nelumbo Nucifera with the Water Lily when they look at its flower ‘floating’ on water. To prevent further confusion over its name, let us look at other of its common names: Sacred Water Lotus, White Lotus, East Indian Lotus, Indian Lotus, Sacred Lotus, and Bean of India. The seeds of the Lotus have remarkable resilience and can hence withstand many natural disasters and manage to procreate through its seeds.
There are several ways that the Lotus plant is used in a common set up. It is regrettable that most people do not have a full understanding of the properties of the Lotus. It is common to see people use it for decorative purposes. On the other side of the plant’s coin, its stem, its seeds and flower have healing properties which have been used as remedy for the following: The White Lotus flower is held in high esteem and regarded as sacred by the Buddhist, Hindu and Egyptian religions that commonly believe that this enchanting flower can bestow one with fertility, prosperity and inner peace. The flowers may be used to prepare tea that has tonifying and pain relieving properties. Other effects of this warm, euphoric plant include increased circulation, sexual stimulation and enhanced memory function. The stamen is known to be the most potent part of the White Lotus and its use aids one in meditation, relaxation and grounding. Other uses include its being used as a detoxifying agent in the human body.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.