Ocotea quixos | Ishpingo | Ispinku | Flor de canela | Eshpingo | Wild cinnamon flower
Origin: Amazon Basin Ecuador
Common names: Ishpingo, Ispinku, Flor de Canela, Eshpingo
€13.97 – €187.70
- Shipping information
This leaf derives from a female Ecuadorian evergreen tree and is commonly used as a spice called Ishpingo. The Ocotea quixos leaves make a wonderful tasty cup of tea.
Ocotea quixos seeds have a diameter of almost 1 inch and grow in soil which is mildly acidic. It grows at an annual rate of roughly 6 inches for the first three years of its life. After flowering starts, the flowers are produced once every two years.
Our ocotea oil is steam distilled without any solvents only water. It comes packed in glass bottles.
Blood sugar levels
This spice is similar in character to cinnamon, deriving from a tree in the same family, however its actual level of cinnamaldehyde is less than 5%, compared to its cousin, at up to 50%, meaning that it is less toxic and less likely to cause skin irritations. When taken internally Ishpingo may help reduce blood sugar levels.
Its warm and spicy aroma is mentally relaxing, affecting the sacral and solar plexus chakras.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. Wakingherbs.com, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.