Picralima nitida | Akuamma seeds | Akuammine | Seeds from Ghana
Dried seeds from Ghana. Harvested November 2017
PICRALIMA NITIDA (AKUAMMA SEEDS)
Species: Picralima nitida
Origin: Ghana (Africa)
Common names: Akuamma seeds, Akuama seeds, Tabernaemontana nitida, Picralima klaineana, Picralima macrocarpa, Akuammine, Pericine
$12.00 – $148.00
- Shipping Restrictions
- Shipping information
Picralima Nitida (Akuamma Seeds)
We have fresh stock of organic Akuamma seeds which have been wild crafted by a local community in Ghana in November 2017
Picralima is a plant genus in the dogbane family, Apocynaceae. Picralima was first described as a genus in 1896. Apocynaceae contains only one known species, Picralima nitida, native to tropical Africa among which Ghana.
Picralima nitida, the akuamma, is a tree. The dried Akuamma seeds from this plant are used in traditional remedies throughout West Africa, particularly in Ghana. The seeds are crushed or powdered and taken orally, and are traditionally mainly used for the treatment of malaria, diarrhoea, and as a painkiller. The plant produces the alkaloids pericine and akuammine, among others.
Our seeds are ethically harvested organic seeds which were collected by people from a local cooperative in Ghana.
Our products are not certified by the FDA neither Health Canada for human consumption. They are sold for incense and soap making purposes, decorative purposes and/or legitimate ethnobotanical research. Our products are not sold and intended for human consumption. The information given about the plants is for academic purposes only and not intended to be used medically. New Herbals, its suppliers, agents, employees and distributors cannot be held accountable for any misuse of the products offered.
Unfortunately we cannot ship this item to the following countries currently: Switzerland, Canada and Poland.
We offer two types of shipping
- REGISTERED: This comes with tracking and is much faster than our Free shipping.
- FREE SHIPPING: For this service no tracking is available. It tends to be half as quick as the registered shipping.
Good to know
- All your orders are packed and shipped discreetly with only the obligatory information such as shipping and return address on the outside.
- Registered orders outside of Europe are sent with Postnl, a solid partner who hands your order over to the national postal company of your country. For instance in the US it will be USPS.
- Registered orders within Europe are sent with DPD. Fast and trackable at all time.
- Our Free shipping option is slow(er) but very reliable too. Estimated shipping time for outside Europe is between two to four weeks depending on postal flows.
- For valuable orders we would advise the Registered option.